The Regional Association of Thessaly Municipalities is organising an international conference on the subject: “Pinios River: Source of Life and Growth in Thessaly”, in Larisa, on 2 & 3 November 2018.
The conference is under the aegis of the Ministry of Environment & Energy, the Ministry of Rural Development and Food, the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport, the Region of Thessaly and the scientific aegis of the University of Thessaly and the Technological Educational Institution of Thessaly.
The co-organisers are the Technical Chamber of Greece (TEE) - Regional Department of Central & West Thessaly, the TEE - Regional Department of Magnesia, the Geotechnical Chamber of Central Greece
The conference will take place at the “Larissa Imperial” hotel, (182, Farsalon str.) in Larisa.
The main objective of the Conference is to highlight and associate all the parameters that over the centuries determined the significance of Pinios river on a wider scale, given the fact that Pinios river, apart from its natural influence as a fluvial ecosystem, is connected to the millennia-long human presence in the region, its history and civilisation, and in general all the human activities up until today.
A. HISTORICAL DEVELOPMENT OF PINIOS RIVER ECOSYSTEM
A1. Geological/Geographical Development of Pinios River and River Basin
A2. Mythology of the Plain of Thessaly
A3. History of Pinios River and Thessaly
A4. Evolution of Human Activities in Pinios River Basin (Prehistory and History)
A5. Demographic Change and Prospects in the plain of Thessaly
B. PINIOS RIVER WATER BODY
B1. Water Resources of Pinios River Basin.
B2. Aquatic Ecosystems of Pinios River Basin (Fluvial, lacustrine, coastal, transitional and modified ecosystems)
B3. Environmental Management of Water Resources - Problems Scenarios and Solutions. Smart technologies (water supply, irrigation, desalination etc.)
B4. Hydro-meteorological Phenomena (floods, droughts and storms)-Current situation and future development
B5. Fauna and Flora in Pinios River and River Basin
B6. Pinios River, the River Basin, Human Activities and Impact (Water supply and sewerage systems in agglomerations, Irrigation, Pollution of water resources, problems and solutions)
C. ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES AND PROSPECTS FOR GROWTH IN THE PLAIN OF THESSALY-THE ESSENTIAL ROLE OF WATER
C1. Agriculture and Livestock Farming (Crops, new dynamic crops, livestock farming, prospects for growth)
C2. Industry and Processing (Types of industry, processing of agricultural products, prospects for growth)
C3. Tourism (conventional tourism, alternative forms of tourism, prospects for growth)
C4. Energy production (hydroelectric power, other eco-friendly and renewable energy sources, prospects for growth)
C5. Other Economic Activities (fisheries, bee farming, etc, prospects for growth)
D. PINIOS RIVER AND URBAN/RURAL ENVIRONMENT
D1. Urban Growth and Pinios River
D2. Urban Renewal
D3. Environmental Design
D4. Landscape Design
D5. Spatial Planning
D6. Presentation of good practices
E. ARTS AND CULTURE
E1. Cultural Activities and Dynamics
E2. Folklore, Ethnography and Anthropology in the plain of Thessaly
E4. Natural Monuments
E5. Anthropogenic Monuments
E6. Archaeological Excavations
F. POLICY AND ADMINISTRATION
D1. Regional and Local Government Administration (National and European framework)
D2. Management and Protection of Natural Resources (state and private actors)
D3. Civil Protection
G. EDUCATION INNOVATION RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
E1. Education and Research Institutions
E2. Research and Innovation in Thessaly
E3. National, Regional and European Tools and Development Structures
E4. Financing Tools-Good practices
President of the Honorary Committee Georgios Kotsos, President of the Regional Association of Thessaly Municipalities, Mayor of Mouzaki
President of the Conference Karalariotou Rena, Secretary-General of the Regional Association of Thessaly Municipalities and Head of the Opposition in Larisa Municipality, former Deputy Head of the Region of Larisa, Civil Engineer
Coordinator: Loukas Athanasios, Dean of the School of Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Thessaly
Coordinator: Tsoumas Dimitrios, Director of the Regional Association of Thessaly Municipalities.
The submission deadline is 15 September 2018. The scientific committee will evaluate the extensive abstracts, will choose the ones that are to be presented and the ones that will be included in the proceedings.
Instructions for abstracts
1. The abstracts should be from 500 to 2000 words.
2. All page margins (top, bottom, right and left) should be three (3) centimetres.
3. The text should be single-spaced, justified and the font 12-pt Calibri.
4. The order of presentation should be the following: Title, Authors, Authors’ details, Keywords, Abstract text.
5. The title should be in all capital letters, 14 pt, centered and bold.
6. The authors’ title/ position, institution and city should be in lowercase letters.
7. After the authors’ names and on a new line there should be included 4 to 5 keywords in lowercase letters, 12 pt, representative of the paper’s content.
For more information contact us via telephone: 2410533103, 2410259757
Facebook: ΠΕΔ Θεσσαλίας Διεθνές Συνέδριο Πηνειός Ποταμός Πηγής Ζωής και Ανάπτυξης (Regional Association of Thessaly Municipalities International Conference Pinios River Source of Life and Growth)
YouTube: Διεθνές Συνέδριο Πηνειός ποταμός
(“Pinios River” International Conference)
Members of the Scientific Committee
1. Zerefos Christos, Supervisor of the Research Centre for Atmospheric Physics and Climatology of the Academy of Athens and President of the International Ozone Commission. Professor of Atmospheric Physics in the Universities of Thessaloniki and Athens.
2. Danalatos Nikos, Professor, President of the Department of Agriculture, Crop Production and Rural Environment, University of Thessaly
3. Defner Alexis, Professor, President of the Department of Planning and Regional Development, University of Thessaly
4. Kokkosis Charis, Professor of Urban - Spatial Planning in the Department of Planning and Regional Development, University of Thessaly.
5. Kotsopoulos Spyridon, Dean of the Faculty of Technological Applications, Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering Technological Education of Larisa, Technological Educational Institution of Thessaly
6. Lekkas Efthymis - Professor of Dynamic Tectonic & Applied Geology, Faculty of Geology & Geoenvironment, National & Kapodistrian University of Athens.
7. Baltas Evangelos, Professor, Department of Water Resources and Environmental Engineering, deanship member in the School of Civil Engineering, National Technical University of Athens.
8. Duquenne Marie Noelle, Professor in the Department of Planning and Regional Development, University of Thessaly
9. Laliotou Ioanna, Associate Professor, Vice-Rector, Department of History, Archaeology and Social Anthropology, University of Thessaly
10. Papachatzis Alekos, Professor in the Department of Agricultural Engineering Technologists, Technological Educational Institution of Larisa
11. Poulos Serafeim, Professor in the Department of Geography and Climatology, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.
12. Skagiannis Pantelis Professor in the Department of Planning and Regional Development, University of Thessaly
13. Alexopoulos Ioannis Assistant Professor, Department of Geophysics and Geothermics, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.
14. Metaxas Theodoros Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, University of Thessaly.
15. Goussios Dimitrios, PhD in Geography and Spatial Planning, Professor in the University of Thessaly, Department of Planning.
16. Bartzanas Thomas PhD, Research Director, Institute of Bio-economy and Agri-Technology, Centre for Research and Technology-Hellas.
17. Georgios Efthimiou Dr. Assistant Professor in Τ.Ε.Ι. of Sterea Hellas
18. Gemtos Theofanis Professor Emeritus (Farm Machinery), University of Thessaly. Department of Agriculture, Crop Production and Rural Environment. Laboratory of Farm Machinery.
19. Farsirotou Evangelia, Associate Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering Technological Education of Larisa
20. Sdrolia Stavroula, Archaeologist, PhD in Byzantine Archaeology in the University of Ioannina, Deputy Head of the Ephorate of Antiquities of Larisa.
21. Argyropoulos Zisis, Chemist/environmental projects researcher
22. Diamantos Konstantinos, Former President of the Technical Chamber of Greece, Civil Engineer and board member of the Regional Association of Thessaly Municipalities.
23. Barmpoutis Anastasios, Civil Engineer
24. Papatheodorou Nikos, Physician, Historian, Folklore scholar.
25. Spanos Kostas Retired Teacher, Historian - Local Researcher.
Members of the Organising Committee
Antoniadou Vasileia, employee in the Regional Association of Thessaly Municipalities –Economist.
Bitis Athanasios, Close associate of the President of the Regional Association of Thessaly Municipalities.
Naris Asterios, Civil engineer- Board Member of the Technical Chamber of Greece - Regional Department of Central & West Thessaly.
Baklatsi Grammati, Surveying Engineer, representative of the Technical Chamber of Greece - Regional Department of Magnesia.
Grousopoulos Konstantinos - Forester, Secretary-General of the Governing Board of the Geotechnical Chamber of Central Greece
Douras Konstantinos, MSc Economist-Forester